Experimental Software Engineering
What is it?
ESE (Experimental Software Engineering) represents one of the research and development groups of LENS – Laboratory of Software Engineering of the Systems Engineering and Computer Science Program at COPPE/UFRJ. It aims at improving software engineering through applying experimentation (scientific method) for the construction and evaluation of software technologies (processes, methods, techniques and tools). ESE also concerns with the field advance, by researching and proposing models for the planning, execution and packaging of primary and secondary studies in software engineering. ESE group believes these are fundamental activities that will contribute to get software engineering more closed to the classical engineering and scientific principles.
- Experimental Software Engineering Environments
- Experimentation Processes (Primary and Secondary studies)
- Development of Software Technologies based on Experimentation: Reading Techniques, Testing
- Strategies, Software Architecture, Web Engineering Techniques, and Ubiquitous Software Development Techniques and Methods
- Interoperability Models for Components and CASE Tools
- Software processes Improvement
- Simulation based studies and Computer Models
All of our research & development activities make use of LENS - Laboratório de Engenharia de Software (Software Engineering Lab) facilities at COPPE/UFRJ.
Contact Address:Prof. Guilherme H. Travassos - ESE GroupUFRJ/COPPE
Fax: (+55 21) 2562 8676